Raccoon droppings removal. Raccoon feces are known to contain pathogens and cleaning them is best left to the professional. Raccoons are not only a nuisance when they invade homes but also very harmful. Raccoons are carriers of a harmful roundworm that poses serious health risks to humans and other animals. These worms develop and thrive in the intestines of raccoons whereby they produce millions of eggs. These eggs are further passed through raccoon feces. If left uncleaned for about 2-4 weeks, these eggs become highly infective to human and pets in the home.
If you want to get rid of the raccoons in your home, contact Raccoon Removal Toronto to solve your raccoon problem!
In this case, it is highly advisable that raccoon droppings are cleaned up as soon as they are spotted. While doing this, one should observe utmost hygiene and use protective gear to eliminate chances of contamination.
Raccoon Feces Removal
1. Before handling any fecal matter, ensure that you wear disposable gloves, rubber boots or disposable booties worn over the shoes.
2. Wear an N-95 rated respirator. This is locally available in hardware stores.
3. Dampen the surroundings of the latrine with adequate water. This can be done using a spray bottle. This is so as to guard against dust being stirred up and dispersed which could further contaminate other areas.
4. After gathering the feces in one heap, collect it using a shovel or an inverted plastic bag. After this, bury, burn or send the bag to a landfil. This is so as to ensure that no one else gets to it by accident. Remember, these round worms can infect your pets as well so bury the bag deep where your dog cannot unearth it.
5. If the latrine is outside, treat the soiled area with boiling water.
6. If the latrine is indoors, attach a large sponge at the end of a stick. Continously wash the area with adequate hot soapy water until you are convinced that the area is clean or until all fecal matter is washed off. You can also use a handheld sponge if protective gloves are worn. After you are done, flash the dirty water down the toilet.
7. After the area is well cleaned and dried, disinfect the shovel and bucket thoroughly with hot water. Place the sponge in a plastic bag and dispose it.
8. Wash the boots with warm soapy water and discard the booties.
9. After cleaning everything up, put the gloves in a plastic bag and dispose them then wash your hands with soap and warm running water. You can use hand sanitizer as well.
10. Wash the clothes with hot water along with detergent until well disinfected. Thereafter, wash your hands again.
Everyone with a raccoon problem should learn how to clean up raccoon droppings safely. If not well equipped to do so, it is highly advisable to hire professionals to do the work. This is also a safe option in case there are several latrines around the house with some in hard to reach areas. For professional raccoon dropping removal call: 647-557-7932